Friday, February 20, 2009

Technique Tuesday!

I am on the ball this month with uploading cards...we shall see if it continues! :-) I had a lot of fun coming up with cards for this month's class. We did a checkerboard card, wet watercolor crayon and a scallop flower!

Checkerboard Card



The Checkerboard card is pretty simple one to recreate. I got the idea from Stamp Owl's Studio The pages are 5 x 10 and scored at 2.5 inches. You lay one on top of the other and decorate. The link above has diagrams if you are confused on how this works. The stamp set I used is our new Fifth Avenue Floral!! I am not a flower type of girl and all three cards this month are FLOWERS!! I used the colors Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa and Pink Pirouette.




Scalloped Flower!

The scallop flower was a challenge, but I love the results. I cut a strip of designer paper 1"x 12" (Sweet Slumber, which is cardstock thick!). I then used the scallop punch along the whole strip. I scored the valleys of the scallop, this was much easier than measuring and folding. Next you accordion fold the strip of paper. Adhere the ends together to make a circle. Holding the card stock with two hands you are going to twist one edge of the strip into the center to create a flower shape. Adhere a punched circle and a pop up glue dot to one or both sides (I did both sides). The stamp set used was the Congratulations set from the Sale-a-bration catalog. You can get it for FREE until March 31 with a $50 order OR at $300 workshop! Call or email me today to book your workshop! The stem of the flower is our 1/4" chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, the leaves came from our sizzix sizzlets Birds and Blooms and the grass is just a strip of paper that is snipped and sponged.


Wet Watercolor Crayon

This is a fun card and so not my type of set, but I loved it! I got the idea for this card off of Splitcoast and incorporated the technique and different colors. The stamp set used is again another one you can get for FREE until March 31, Botanical Blooms! The technique is pretty simple. I stamped the outline image in Chocolate Chip ink, then for the inside part I colored directly on the solid stamp with watercolor crayons, spritzed lightly with water and stamped down onto watercolor paper. Colors used werebBarely Banana, Ruby Red, Mellow Moss and Chocolate Chip. We do not have Banana ribbon so I used Very Vanilla instead.


I hope you can join us next month for three more fabulous techniques!!!!


Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Google Search

Google

Leelou Blogs