This is my first tutorial so bear (LOL) with me please! Constructive criticism appreciated and welcomed...just be kind! :-)
Stamps: Under the Stars
Paper: Natural Ivory, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Summer Sun
Ink: Basic Black, Summer Sun
3 brads (color does not matter, they will not be seen)
1" circle punch
For the card featured you will also need:
Small and large oval punch
1. Color the bear stamp using a Basic Black marker omitting his arms. Then stamp on Natural Ivory cardstock.
2. Using a hobby blade cut slits where the arms should be
3. Next stamp 3 full bears onto cardstock. I drew lines on the two where I cut the arms out so you can see how long the pieces need to be. The third bear is for the final card...you will see him later. Cut the arms out, keeping the pieces long. You can trim later.
4. Here are the arms cut out
5. This is probably a good time to stop and color the bear and his arms. He will be covered but you will see some of him. Here I am punching a hole in the arm and the body to attach a brad.
6. Move the arms so that they cross over each other on the back and punch a hole in the center of both arms.
7. Attach a piece of chipboard (scrap). The brad will not go to the front of the bear, just with the arms and chipboard.
8. Here he is all ready to be finished....
A look at the back of the piece. I trimmed the longer pieces so they hide under the chipboard and don't hit each other. It makes the bear fly smoother.
9. Using a 1" circle punch, punch a half circle on the bottom of the card. Punch an additional 1" circle to put over the chipboard arm. I took the second bear and colored him and cut him out with out the arms. I placed him over the original bear using dimensionals.