Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Anatomy of a Christmas Card!

I promise I have not dropped off the face of the planet! I don't know what happened to November but it is gone. :-) We have been busy around here getting all set up for Christmas, making Christmas cards and baking cookies! YUMMM!

Each year we create our own Christmas cards and here is this years winner! We created 80 of these little guys and then our Christmas list kept growing so we had to send out my other awesome homemade cards. So if you didn't get Mr. Snowman never fear you got one of my other awesome creations...now on to how we created so many cards.
***note: I did say "WE"...my awesome hubby helped put these cards together!

Here is the mess! We started off punching the pieces to the snowman body and putting them in containers, which my son so generously donated from his kitchen.

Stack of Bashful Blue pieces that hubby embossed in my Big Shot using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder (**don't fall over, I know it isn't Stampin' Up!. Hopefully they will catch up soon!)

My job: Tearing strips of paper for the "snow"

The bucket of noses (small star punch with the points cut off), 2 way glue to pick them up, the black marker for the faces, a bucket of 3/4" squares for the hat and strips of black to be cut from the 1 1/4" square for the brim.

Word Window punch for the skis and the scarves. I used my paper snips to snip the edges of the red to make them look more like real scarves.

A closer look at the noses...
Trash bucket, not sure what Rachel Ray calls it on her cooking show but my stamping has one as well. My son kept coming and dumping it for us. Also note the diet sodas on either side and the massive T.V. in front of us! We took over the living room for several days watching Christmas movies and making cards. The paint brush was a must have for brushing the extra glitter off the card. **Note: I have glitter permanently all over my house now and my car!!!!



The final card! Hubby put together the snowmen and then I glittered and glued down the rest.

Stamps: Holiday's and Wishes, God's Blessings (inside sentiment)
Ink: Real Red, Bashful Blue
Paper: Silver, Whisper White, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Small Star punch, word window punch, 1 3/8 circle, 1" circle, 3/4" square, 1 1/4" square, marker, 2 way glue, dazzling diamonds, sponge (for the snow)

I am love, loving the punch art so if you have a cool punch art creation please share it! I would love to see what you have created with your punches!

Merry Christmas and Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG!!! This skiing snowman is absolutely adorable! I love it! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing Kimberly!
Lorraine

Google Search

Google

Leelou Blogs