Friday, December 19, 2008

Technique Tuesday!

Here are this month and last month's technique Tuesday Cards!
I know, I know I am slacking...I am trying to do better on the blogging front! :-) I am bad about taking pictures of my own kid so you see where the cards fall...way behind!!! :-)


December's Cards!

Faux Rimmed Tag!

I saw this guy on a blog I believe and can't seem to figure out where. The original card had a real metal tag hanging on it. I thought I would use SCS's tutorial to make a faux metal tag! How cute is this and super simple!!


Stamps: Under the Stars, Family Phrases, and Polka Dot Background
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Versamark
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Silver, Whisper White, Old Olive
Accessories: 2 way glue, 1 1/4" circle, 1 3/8 circle, Alpine Ribbon, Paper piercer, linen thread, hole punch, water color crayons, blender pens

The hearts were created using the Happy Heart Day Butterfly stamp...


Ribbon Weaving
This is yet another card that I saw that "FORCED" me to buy something else. I got the idea from Stephanie Hargis. I loved the layout I saw for this card as well as the paper and ribbon. I bought the paper and ribbon just to make this card. (Do you sense a destructive pattern growing?) I decided to add my own touch with the ribbon weaving technique.

Stamps: Say it with Scallops
Ink: Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Hawaiian Papaya, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Tangerine Tango ribbon, Chocolate chip ribbon, Scallop Square punch, glue dots



Faux Alligator Skin
I got the idea for this guy from Jamie Hurley
This was a messy but fun technique. I had embossing powder all over my counter! :-)

Stamps: Wild About You
Paper: Green Galore, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Green Galore
Accessories: Basic Black Ribbon, ticket punch, bone folder, heat gun, clear embossing powder

These are two of three cards we created for November's Technique Tuesday. I forgot to take a picture of number three before it got mailed out....I think! :-)

Faux Snow/Icing Technique
Stamp: Merry and Bright
Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue
Paper: Hawaiian Papaya, Real Red, Chocolate, Whisper White
Accessories: markers, 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, flour, water, salt, 2 way glue, dazzling diamonds

Scallop Medallion
This technique uses the scallop edge punch to create a medallion look!
Stamps: Flower for all Seasons, Happy birthday
Paper: Kraft, Handsome Hunter, Burgundy, whisper white
Ink: Basic Black, handsome hunter
Accessories: Scallop edge punch, 1/4" burgundy ribbon



No comments:

Google Search

Google

Leelou Blogs