Sunday, March 22, 2009

Technique Tuesday!

I had a lot of fun coming up the cards for March's class. Our next class will be on April 21st at 7pm, come join us and bring your friends!!!

Quilt Card
I have seen these cards on splitcoast and various blogs but had not tried it yet. I decided it would be a fun technique for March's class. The squares were done using the paper pack from the level 1 hostess incentives. We punched them using the 1 1/4" square punch and layered onto a piece of white cardstock. I then ran it through the big shot using the Top Note Die. We used the basic black marker to give it some "stitching" The stamp set used is our level 1 hostess set Comfort Foods, a perfect one for this card. Colors used were pink pirouette, basic gray, regal rose, so saffron and whisper white.



The second card we created was Faux Cloissonne. It was a very simple technique. We used the Fifth Avenue Floral and stamped it onto a page of a magazine using Versamark ink. We then covered it with gold embossing powder, heated and cut out. A very neat looking technique.

I used pages from a diving magazine that was in the mail.


The final card technique came from my monthly Stampin' Success Magazine. If you would like access to this media give me a call or email me about the amazing opportunity of being a demonstrator.
The technique is called a Hinge card. The base of the card is 4.25 x 5.5. We then attached the bottom piece to the top and glued down the designer paper. You don't want to tape down the top piece or it won't move. The movement comes from the brad that is adhered to the top and bottom pieces.

Stamp set was Cheep Talk, colors were Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Ruby Red and Old Olive. The designer paper is Sweet Slumber.


If you would like more information on the cards seen send me an email and I will be happy to share with you!!! Also if you would like to join me next month let me know the Sunday before the class. Next month we will be creating a double slider, working with glitter and.....come and see!


2 comments:

Capps Chit Chat said...

I really like your hinge card!

Jennifer said...

These are really cute. I love the hinge card idea. Neat technique and I love quilt cards! Thanks for the ideas. I'm searching for something for our next stampers club meeting.

Google Search

Google

Leelou Blogs